Home Forums Get-to-Know Get to Know Sepideh Yousefzadeh at the UCF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My name is Sepideh Yousefzadeh. I am an assistant professor for Global Health at the University College Fryslan (UCF), University of Groningen. I studied Midwifery in Shiraz University (Iran) and continued with Public Administration at Harvard’s Kennedy School and then obtained my PhD in Governance and Policy Analysis from Maastricht University. I worked for several years in development sector with government, Non-Government Organizations and the UN and joined academia at a later stage.

At Campus Fryslan, I teach an introductory course on global health and am very pleased to take that introductory course to subjects that are very close to my heart: “Diversity, Intersectionality and Global Health” and more recently “Responsible Activism and Global Health”.

My aims in teaching are multifold, particularly creating a learning environment where students stimulate and strengthen their critical thinking and engage with societal issues. I aim to create opportunities to decolonize knowledge production by decolonizing my curricula and classroom. Finally, I aim to strengthen a democratic classroom by recruiting engaged pedagogy, creating room for emotions in the class and involving students in assessing the class, its teaching approaches and assessment methods.

The most rewarding aspect of teaching at the UCF is teaching on topics that are close to my heart and having the freedom to discuss the challenges that I face in my teaching and my vulnerabilities.

I am enthusiastic to get to know the people who work at Liberal Arts Colleges.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoDavid Zetland. Reason: remove tag
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.